Retro Redux 2.1

Comments

• So I just tested, looks like it's working properly. Support for every system with the following clones:

• CPS1
    • CPS2
    • CPS3
    • PGM
    • Atomiswave
    • Famicom Disk System
    • Super Nintendo CD
    • Satellaview
    • Sufami Turbo
    • N64DD
    • DSiWare
    • WiiWare
    • WonderSwan Color
    • PSP Minis
    • SupergrafX
    • Wolfenstein 3d
    • Doom
    • Infocom (like Zork)
    • Daphne
    • Dreamcast VMU
    • Pocketstation

The following alternate options:

• 32X (US or EUR/JAP, Icon)
    • Dreamcast (US or JAP, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • Sega CD (US or EUR/JAP, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • Genesis/Mega Drive (US or EUR/JAP, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • MSX (MSX-2 Alt Theme, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • Turbograf-x (PC Engine alternate, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • Turbograf-x CD (PC Engine CD alternate, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • Nintendo (US and Japanese, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • Super Nintendo (US, Europe, and Japanese, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • MAME (Arcade alt, Icons and Backgrounds)
    • Pokemon Mini (Icons)
    • Phillips CD-i (System Background)

The collections icons have not been included with the theme and can be found here:

I do not have any specific music at this time other than using Uncharted Worlds from Mass Effect. I want to carefully curate a music set - for now I'd recommend using a music set from one of chalotron's themes. I'm brainstorming genre icons I can do, and may incorporate some other clone systems (JoiPlay/RPG Maker and OpenBOR are coming to mind).

• The Systems background shouldn't be needed but I did a more "in line" genre and system icon (a shield and a CD respectively) and swapped the colors.

• So I'm doing a call for info right here - for those that have used my theme, what are your likes about it? Dislikes? What would you like added? What would you do differently? This feedback could help me should I get a new theme going.

• if I clone the TG16 in the hope I can have pce and TG16 as seperate systems, I know I can edit a clones background etc to spoof the pce but how do I change the config that points the default emulator options from the orig cloned system to the pce?

• ...the TG16 and PCE are the same system. They'd use the same emulators. Cloning a system will have it use the original system's emulators by default.

• edited November 2020

Just a couple of collection icons I was working on. Been playing the Cube Escape and Rusty Lake games, thus the first icon, and a romhack one was requested previously. I still need to both have the desire and time to do some genre icons someday.

Two new clone systems also, for use with OpenBOR and JoiPlay if there's ever a way to get compatibility with them.

• This has the above icons, with backgrounds for OpenBOR and JoiPlay as clones 22 and 23, and added ExaGear as clone 24.

• Slapped together a quick and dirty "Translations" collection icon (obviously). I still want to do some genre icons someday, and curate some music, but the former I need the right fonts and the latter we have some other people's themes have music you can use for the time being.