Proposed changes to the premium feature model

Instead of an all or nothing model, I'm thinking of letting users pick which features they want. You will be presented a list of all premium features and can pick any two or three for free, for example widgets and gamepad remapping. Each additional feature would be maybe 50 cents, up to to the current premium fee at which point all features would be unlocked. I think in the end this model will be better for everyone. Let me know what you think.

If you have already paid nothing will change unless you want to use the new model. In that case I can give you a refund provided you still have the receipt email.

In the meantime I won't be adding more features to the premium list.

Comments

• I got the premium, how that's work ig i change my phone or uninstall app?

• If you've already paid you don't have to do anything. You're set for life. No features will ever be blocked for you.

• Thanks

• I paid for premium just to show support.

I was worried about how the free version would turn out but I like this ala cart model.

Regardless I want all the options so Im happy paying in full.

In the future I hope to see features explored more and hope this model pays off.

• This sounds reasonable, but you should definitely keep the "unlock all" option available.

Have you thought about having keeping your current free model, but being ad supported?

I think that would be fine as long as the aren't too intrusive and the "remove all ads" is one of the purchase options?

It might provide a more regular revenue stream.

Or how about this:

Along side they payment model you outlined above, have an opt in for ads that then allows an unlock of some of the premium features (I don't know if this is even possible)?

• The basic version will always be ad-free but It's possible I might do something with users opting for ads instead of paying for premium features in the future.

• edited April 7

I, without a doubt, would pay for a version that had a list of "Setup" of each system, with the cover, the snap, the rom and the data that would appear on screen, where you could choose to add, delete, change and modify the cover , the snap, the rom and the data. That I have not seen in any frontend and I think it would give a unique added value to DIG. Or at least, an xml or txt list that could be edited manually.