Version history 1.23 - 1.31.1
1.31.1 - 21 January 2019
* ClassicBoy and SuperRetro16 supported
* Choosing game and system images on device now uses internal file chooser
1.31 - 19 January 2019
* 13 more systems supported: Adventure Vision, Casio Loopy, Gamate, Game Park GP32, Game Pocket Computer, Hartung Game Master, Mega Duck, Sinclar ZX81, Super A'Can, Super Vision 8000, Tiger Game.com, Tomy Tutor, Watara Supervision
* Magic DosBox supported. Games must be loaded into MDB, and the folder ".MagicBox" must be added manually
1.30.5 - 7 January 2019
* J2ME (a Java platform used by some phones) supported. Games must be loaded first into J2ME Loader to be recognized.
1.30 - 27 December 2018
* Gamepad buttons can be reassigned, including a few new functions. See Device options.
* Device and network folders that Dig does not find can now be added manually. Also under Device options.
* Sortcuts for recently played games on mobile devices (Android 7.1+)
* Channel for recently played games on TVs (Android 8.0+)
* Custom and default RetroArch overlays now supported
* NEC PC-98 supported
* bug fixes
1.29 - 6 December 2018
* Sega Naomi, Tandy Color Computer, and Coleco Adam added, and NEC PC-FX finally officially supported
* Screenshots can now be shown in game lists, and whether to show screenshots or covers is set per system
* Screenshots taken in RetroArch automatically added
* Viewing games as merged or split now set per system for system game lists. Mixed lists use the global setting.
* Digger now recognizes "Most played...", "Longest played ...", "Highest rated ..."
1.28 - 22 November 2018
* 8 more early consoles added: APF MP 1000, Amstrad GX4000, Arcadia 2001, Atari XEGS, Casio PV-1000, Interton VC 4000, Super Cassette Vision, VTech Creativision -- and I'm not done mining MAME
* Since the full system list is getting a bit unwieldy you can now view systems by generation
* Multi-disc games can now be launched as a playlist for use in RetroArch's disk control system
* Various tweaks and fixes
1.27.3 - 17 November 2018
* Improved gamepad response when selecting games and systems - as a result the fast scroll button is now B
* Fairchild Channel F added - the first ROM cartridge and microprocessor based console
* bug fixes
1.27 - 8 November 2018
New systems added:
Bally Astrocade, Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, Philips CD-i, Neo Geo CD
All use RetroArch MAME (the non-versioned core) or MESS. Dig will set up all necessary folders and files. BIOS files should be placed in one of the system's game folders.
1.26.5 - 16 October 2018
1.26 - 3 October 2018
* "Digger" - a voice search assistant. Tell it simple things like "Game Boy", or more complex things like "Show me handheld sports games released between 1995 and 2005 sorted be rating". See the FAQ for details. (this is the reason for the new "record audio" permission)
* 3 new views for games and systems: Carousel, CoverFLow, and Wheel.
* Gamepad button bindings for navigation convenience. Also see the FAQ.
1.25 - 7 September 2018
* Navigation drawer with quick links to existing pages and some new links on game pages
* Cover image folder is now user selectable
* RetroArch64 support
* Several user requested features and fixes. If yours isn't implemented yet I'll probably get to it eventually.
1.24 - 22 August 2018
* TV fixes and improvements
* Option to scan a single system
* Manually added folders are now recursively scanned
* Other bug fixes and minor improvements
1.23 - 7 August 2018
* Now you can split systems into subsystems with system cloning. For exmple you can create seperate MAME and FB Alpha, NES and FDS, and MSX and MSX 2 systems. See the FAQ for details.
* Dig now uses your existing RetroArch system and game override config files
* Now select RetroArch overlays in the Manage System menu (except for game overrides which must be set in RetroArch for now)
* Better detection of some single games in folders, particulary CD images such as PSX eboots