How do I add background images/videos/sounds?

First create or edit a custom theme from the “Edit custom themes” option. For background images and videos select “File” to show or play a single file, or “Folder” to show or play a folder of files in random order. The folder may contain images or videos or both. 

Setting sound files is similar. 

The background is actually two layers: the images/video layer with the background color layer on top. So to see the media you need to set the backround color to be at least partially transparent. To do this adjust the horizontal slider control in the background color picker. All the way to left the background color will be totally opaque, to the right totally transparent, and in between the background will be a mixture of the two layers.

Comments

• Hi dear developer! How are you? I'm trying the new per system background feature, but I'm facing difficult to do this... I created a folder with the systems desired BG, defined the path on the settings menu, but the only BG showed is the one I've defined on the "Background Images and Videos" box. Am I doing something wrong? This is how I configured:

And this is my backgrounds folder:

• NVM... Today I've browsing between systems and the image changed between NES and other systems... For custom collections, like SNES Classic Mini, what's the name for the BG file?

• NVM again... I read another post that you've said that the BG should be named as the system icons folder, and when I've got into this folder the custom collections were named as custom1 and custom2. Before renaming the BGs as the icons, everything was corrected.