Theme: Retro Redux

Comments

• edited April 2020

Working on the icons, one by one, before I go through wallpapers and the like. I'm mainly going with the "supported systems" first, though the Sufami Turbo was a clone I wanted to do as well. The Vic-20 I decided to alter the already existing C64 sprite due to similarities. This is going to take a while, and likely I'll have to revamp some like the Fairchild (full keyboards don't generally work with the sprites well) but it'll get done, slowly yet surely.

It looks like icons I will need for built in systems are the following:

• APF MP1000
    • Adventure Vision
    • Casio Loopy
    • Casio PV-1000
    • Coleco Adam
    • Gamate
    • Game Park GP32
    • Game Pocket Computer
    • Hartung Game Master
    • Interton VC 4000
    • J2ME
    • Mega Duck
    • NEC PC-98
    • NEC PC-FX
    • Super A'Can
    • Super Casette Vision
    • Super Vision 8000
    • Tandy Color Computer

So I have a road ahead of me, but I'll get there!

• I couldn't resist doing the N64DD - blending in part of the old icon with the new icon. Might be tapping out for today - took another trip around the sun so going to celebrate some.

• Loving that gx4000 one. I actually had one of those when I was a kid.

• Channel F and Phillips CD-i done - for the CD-i I used the color scheme predominantly found in the Wikipedia image. Also revamped the Amstrad CPC with darker keys for better visibility.

• The Arcadia, Astrocade and Naomi have revamped icons now. For the Naomi, I decided to do an icon based on the board instead of the controller - I think it turned out okay.

• Loopy icon had some residue around the edges of the frame. Here's a new one.

• Tidier looking Tomy Tutor.

• Another few down. For the Supervision, it appears it has two designs, and one was similar to the original Game Boy. This presented an opportunity. Don't ask me why this game has a kangaroo. Your guess is as good as mine.

• For the, maybe, three people who care, I've altered two of the Pokemon Mini icons to use the other starters. Oh how I wish I could stick this post in Themes instead.

• Improved gamate and a couple of others. Getting there.

• Oh hey, look at that. A nicer Tomy Tutor icon. And how did I not upload my Sharp X68000 yet?

• Great call on the Naomi board, it looks cool. Is there an equivalent board standard for the Atomiswave?

• The board would be inside something like this. Likely if I do do an icon for the Atomiswave it'd be based on something like this rather than the controller. Want to do supported stuff first though.

• edited April 2020

I did a different approach with the PC-FX icon. Figured a nice front view would be good for it.

• Here's another couple I've got completed. I'm going to have to do some cleanup with the bottom part of the icons I've been cleaning up as it looks like there's been some periodic artifacts due to whatever conversion process was initially used, but that shouldn't be too hard.

• All of these are looking great Mahare. Only a few more systems to go.

• Work's picking up a bit more which is slowing production but here's the next one. I really hope I'm not bothering anyone with these constant updates.

• Is that black rectangle in the middle of the PCFX icon intentional?

• Sort of. It's a shrunk down version of one from a screenshot of the actual system. Should be easy enough to tidy up though.

• edited April 2020

Quick fix! And the...Game Master. Whee!

• Here's another effort for you to weave your pixely magic on.

• edited April 2020

I'm at fourteen systems I need to get icons set for, not counting any clones I do. The good part is, the icons are the hard part. Once that's done, the backgrounds will take much less time.

EDIT: I also stupidly made the theme at the wrong resolution for my device (made 1920 x 1080 when my device is 1920 x 1200) so I might end up doing a second edit theme for 1920 x 1200 resolutions.

• edited April 2020

Welp, literally the only non-clone system needed is J2ME. So...a flip-phone. I know I'm likely going to want to do a Motorola Razr for that due to that being my first cell phone. I'm not sure what clones I'll end up doing myself, I want to get the built in systems done first. On the fence on if I'm doing two theme resolutions or just normal 1080p.

• Defo needs polishing.