Changing the Default Image When Box Art is Not Found

Hey all,

Loving the frontend.

I want to change the default boxart image from the arcade system image when the scraper cant find an image even after manually searching.

I made a png that say Image missing and I want to use this as a default image when no image is available.

But where do I place this in the Dig folder to overwrite the arcade cabinet image?

Many Thanks

Comments

• The problem is that as far as I know, you would have to have one copy of the image for every title you want to apply it to because the way any image works, it has to have the exact same name as the rom itself. For instance, say you want to replace cover art for 3 Count Bout. You would have to name the png you are going to use for the cover art to be named 3countb.png because the rom name is 3countb.zip. I don't know of a way to make a default image that is only used when there is no game art available.

If you want to replace cover images in DIG, go to your internal storage.

Then go to Android/data/com.digdroid.alman.dig/file/Covers and open the system folder that correlates to the game in question (in my example that would be mame)

So my path to the cover art for 3 Count Bout is:

Internal Storage/android/data/com.digdroid.alman.dig/file/Covers/mame/3countb.png

So if you have 45 titles without cover art, you would have to have 45 copies of your default image, each named after the different roms. IMO if you're going to have to do that, I would just use https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/ and search for the game in question and DL the cover art from there, rename it (since you have to do that anyway) and fill in the gaps manually.