How to replace not found default game covers?

I'm setting up nice fancy covers for all my collections and I've been trying to find out if there is a way I can replace the default cover for the games that DIG cannot find.

Example. I've some weird games, most of them are hacks or fan made games. For all of those, DIG shows the default DIG systems icons.

I've created some generic covers that suits to the others I'm using but to replaces all of them one by one can be a little bit a pain since I've thousand of games.

I was wondering if I could replace or create something like nes_default_cover.png so Dig could use that one instead of the default one.

Anybody has figure it out?

Thank you

Comments

• You could long press the Game cover and select one of the options to get a cover. The best one for me is TheGamesDB, but you could save custom game covers to your device and select "my device" option. One example of games I've done cover myself is Street Fighter Characters on Streets of Rage. Take a look:

• Thanks for your answer DanielCarlosJobs

That's not what I was looking for. I know I can replace the covers one by one. What I'm trying to find out is if there is a way I can replace the default icons (the png file) DIG is using for those games that have no cover assinged.

If that would be possible I could replace only that .png file and DIG would show up my default generic cover instead of DIG ones.

• Look

That's default DIG icon

If I could replace that default icon

with mine

For example this one

DIG would show all the games without cover with my icon instead of the default one and I woudn't need to replace all of them one by one.

• edited July 2019

I understand. If I'm correct, DIG uses a custom default icon for each system, meaning SNES gets a specific default icon, Master System uses another default one... You can find the default icons at "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.digdroid.alman.dig/files/Systems/icons/" folder.

Edit: I've try this method, but didn't work, just for the system select icon...

• Yes. I've tried the same as you. I think what I want is at the moment just not possible. I've checked all files I could find without finding those default icons. Probably that images are embeded in the code and not available as standalone .png files.

• edited July 2019

For those of you that are not aware, this option has been now included in the new 1.37 beta1, you can edit your current theme and select a default cover.

At the moment it is only shown for some of the views, it works in grid mode, for some of the other views the old default icons are still shown.