Theme: Retro Redux

edited February 2020 in Dig general discussions

Hello!

I've seen a number of themes, and they all have their pluses and minuses, but ultimately, I never found one that completelt works for me.

I based this theme mainly on the SNES Mini theme (big surprise) and some commonly used fan-made icons. I went ahead and made/added icons to the theme that were not originally included in the package.

The "systems" menu has a more minimalistic, "menu" design. Most based on the fan-made theme mentioned previously. Inside the games menus, I use blurred screenshots, and in the game info section I turn them black and white and darken them a bit.

Assets were borrowed from other themes. I'm just trying for what I consider to be an aesthetically pleasing theme myself.

The only audio I have included, to cut down on size, is a basic menu theme (Uncharted Worlds from Mass Effect). I may in the future upload a curated audio collection as a separate file but no promises.

Systems: 

3DO

Amiga

Android

Arcade (MAME)

Colecovision

Game and Watch

Intellivision

MSX

NeoGeo

NeoGeo Pocket (Color)

Odyssey 2

PC (DosBox)

Playstation

Playstation 2

Playstation Portable

ScummVM

Spectrum ZX

TurboGrafX 16

TurboGrafX CD

Vectrex

WonderSwan

Atari

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

Atari Jaguar

Atari Lynx

Nintendo

3DS

DS 

Game Boy

Game Boy Advance

Game Boy Color

Gamecube

NES

Super Nintendo

N64

Virtual Boy

Wii

Sega 

32X

Dreamcast

Game Gear

Genesis / Mega Drive

Master System

Saturn

Sega CD

Clones

Clone 1: SNES CD

Clone 2: SNES BS-X

Clone 3: Capcom Play System I

Clone 4: Capcom Play System II

Clone 5: Capcom Play System III

Clone 6: PolyGame Master

Clone 7: WonderSwan Color

To-Do: 

* Add in European/Japanese alternate versions of system themes.

* Add in custom collection icons

* (Possible) Custom Genre Icons

EDIT: One issue I am aware of is when I go into a cloned system in the Game Info screen it reverts back to the original, not the clone. Unsure how to resolve that.

Comments