What are cloned systems?

If you have a system game collection categorized into folders and you would like Dig to present them that way instead of as a single system then cloned systems are for you. Some possible examples of splitting systems into categories: 

- Arcade into MAME and FB Alpha 

- NES into NES and and Famicom Disk System 

- MSX into MSX and MSX 2 

- Neo Geo Pocket into NGP and NGP color 

- any system into hacks and official releases 

To create a clone go to the systems page, long-touch the system you want to clone, and select “Create clone.” A new system will be created called “Clone of .” Long-touch it to rename it as desired. Enter the new system’s page, open the menu, select “Manage system” then “ROM paths” and add the folder(s) you want. 

A clone can have its own icon, its own emulator, and is just like a “real” system except its games can’t be automatically scanned for; their folders must be manually added as described above. 

When you delete a clone the folders assigned to it go back to the original system.

Comments

• How do you delete a cloned system? I only see the option to "ignore". Also, the ability to see what clone number a system is after you name it would be helpful for the sake of assigning backgrounds etc.

• You delete it the same way you create it. In systems, long click on the clone you want gone and select Delete this clone.

• Something I have learned over a long time playing with DIG is that the system stores the images for the cloned system in the folder of its parent.

If you want cloned systems to have covers, usually, you have to create new cover folders called clone1, clone2, etc, in the and the files need to be in both the original systems folder and the clone folder.

The images in PNG format seem to work better. Once i have it in both places, i still sometimes have to manually try downloading the image from the internet, and that solves most issues.

• Cloned systems refer to hardware or software replicas designed to emulate the functionality of original systems. These duplicates often replicate the features and capabilities of the source system, offering compatibility and similar user experiences. Cloned systems can range from gaming consoles to computing platforms, providing alternatives to official products.https://storysaver.page/