NXE Dashboard Theme (2010 Xbox Theme)

XBOX 360 THEME

To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Xbox, I've been working on a theme that's heavily inspired by the 2010 Xbox Kinect Dashboard.

After looking at several videos and screenshots from 10 years ago and with the help of Xenia, I was able to piece together the dashboard with a few slight changes.

The game list was the biggest part I had to improvise with since the actual menu from the 360 can't easily be recreated since the number of games and the position can't fully be controlled. The menu I came up with is more of a hybrid between the storage menu and the downloads menu.

NXE ULTIMATE PACK

The NXE Ultimate pack is a big pack that has the 4 Main themes, with linear game list versions included and additional icons for any person that was to complete that 360 menu feel.

The little icons are intended for the vertical menu while the game cover icons are for the linear menu. My plan is to add more icons in the future.

Game Themed Dashboards

After I got the hang of the first 4 Xbox themes, I decided to work on making themes centered around the various games from the 360 era and experimented with a few ones from Xbox One/Series x era. Think of it like the downloadable themes from the marketplace. Note: Due to file size, these are all separate themes.

While I mostly tried to be rather by the book with how the theme works, I did play around with some of the home dashboards and made them animated. Something that the actual dashboard didn't have at the time.

Additional Systems (NXE Ultimate)

There are 85 supported systems in all of the packs and 26 bonus ones are featured exclusively in the NXE Ultimate Pack. More may be added in the future.

So with all that outta the way, here is the download for the themes.

DOWNLOAD: Xbox 360 Theme

Make sure to be on the current version of Dig and if game icons are clipping the sides, change the icon aspect ratio to 2:1 in the drop down menu.

DOWNLOAD: NXE Ultimate Pack

This one must be extracted with a zip extractor (ZArachiver, etc). The themes inside however can be installed within the Dig app.

DOWNLOADS: Game Themed Dashboards

Summary

While it took slightly over 3 months to complete, I frankly think this idea was worth it. I sincerely hope you enjoy and feedback is appreciated. 👍️

Comments